Managing STRESS is all about taking charge; taking charge of your thoughts, your emotions, your schedule, your environment, and the way you deal with problems. The ultimate goal is a balanced life, with time for work, relationships, relaxation, and fun. There are many healthy ways to manage and cope with stress, but they all require change. You can either change the situation or change your reaction. Since everyone has a unique response to stress, there is no ”one size fits all” solution to managing it. No single method works for everyone or in every situation, so experiment with different techniques and strategies. Focus on what makes you feel calm and in control.
Some techniques to try:
- Go for a walk Savor a warm cup of coffee or tea
- Spend time in nature. Play with a pet
- Call a good friend Work in your garden
- Sweat out tension with a good Get a massage
Workout Curl up with a good book
- Write in your journal Listen to music
- Take a long bath Watch a comedy.
- Light scented candles